Full inheritance and complete recreation at the same time
As the first Class C luxury battery electric SUV under Audi brand, Audi e-tron has been designed in a most meticulous way, incorporating the 110-year heritage of Audi in every single detail. It has passed numerous strict tests and now heralds a new chapter of electric cars.
New Audi family design language
The design language of the new Audi family is clearly visible on e-tron, as evidenced by the octagon inlet grille, which adopts a brand new color scheme and works in conjunction with the deployable internal grille to form an active heat dissipation system. Another new feature of Audi e-tron is the combination of matrix LED headlights and multiple daytime running lights arranged from front to rear, together making the model highly recognizable. Hidden beneath the orange e-tron logo on either side of the body are electrically controlled double charging ports.
A combination of strong power and elegant appearance
Designed as a medium-large SUV, Audi e-tron has a body length exceeding 4.9m and a width exceeding 1.9m. Thanks to the excellent aerodynamic design, it provides an ultra-low wind resistance coefficient, lower than fossil-fuel vehicles by nearly 0.07. One of the most impressive elements in the tail design of Audi e-tron is the run-through taillights, which extend outwards to create a strong sense of ceremony. As an example of minimalism concept, the run-through taillights with a single horizontal stripe match perfectly with the multiple horizontal panel lines on both sides, and together they create a very distinctive visual effect. Muscularity is something vividly expressed by the tail part, or specifically, by the broad and prominent rear wheel arch and the gradually tightening top.
Future already in hand
Again, the interior design of Audi e-tron benefits from the design language of the new Audi family. The fairly stereoscopic central console is the product of some most advanced technologies and subtlest crafts. The interior design is also characterized by smooth and comfortable materials distributed in every corner. Large solid wood decoration panels are placed in the center of the console, and devices made of other materials are also made available as options. The Alcantara material used for doors brings luxurious and exquisite experiences to riders. The battery electric driving system and the ultra-low wind resistance coefficient lead to superb sound insulation, which is further reinforced by the double-layer soundproof window. A rider is therefore able to fully enjoy the B&O 3D sound system with up to 16 speakers.
Visual and tactile comfort at the same time
The four-spoke steering wheel adopts the same design as that of new Audi A8L, a flagship model of the family. With the aluminum alloy inner frame, easily and comfortably operated multifunctional keys, and the progressive steering system of Audi, a driver can control the direction with much confidence. A new gear lever is also on board Audi e-tron, with a broad leather palm rest next to it for holding and relaxing your right hand. In addition, the holistic gear shifting structure made of aluminum alloy molding creates much comfort for the driver, both visually and tactually.
The newly designed MMI system is comprised of upper and lower displays. With a dark UI and a frameless design, the complete MMI system blends naturally with the console. The touch and vibration feedback design of the new MMI system provides excellent and agreeable tactile responses, and with the aid of the classic click sound of Audi models, it allows you to quickly spot every function you need. Clear and accurate display can be guaranteed at all times.
Audi virtual cockpit system
Audi e-tron has been equipped with a new Audi virtual cockpit system developed for battery electric vehicles. Lying beneath the 12.3’’ LCD is a complete set of separate system with independent processors and graphic cards. It works in coordination with the display to ensure clear and accurate information presentation. The UI is also designed specifically for battery electric models and intended to facilitate easy vehicle control. Moreover, the virtual cockpit and the MMI system are highly interconnected, meaning that a driver can switch the driving mode without hands off the steering wheel.
A new life empowered by electricity
With dual asynchronous motors working in tandem, Audi e-tron provides a maximum power of 300kW in boost mode, and sprints from zero to 100 kilometers per hour within 5.7 seconds. The battery system with a flat chassis and the reasonable arrangement of the front and rear motors contribute to perfectly balanced weight distribution of Audi e-tron.
Maintaining an optimum state at all times
The chassis structure of Audi e-tron is also designed specifically for battery electric models. The 95 kWh battery pack is placed in the center part of the chassis, and each battery unit is protected by an aluminum alloy frame structure from inside to outside. With the Audi intelligent energy storage system and the thermal management system in place, the battery pack is provided with accurate temperature control and protection. In this way, Audi e-tron maintains an optimum operation state in any place at any time, even during cold winter or hot summer. With endurance up to 470 kilometers and excellent battery management system, it fully meets daily needs of a driver.
More power is created when quattro evolves into e-quattro
The front and rear motors on board Audi e-tron constitute a brand new electric quattro system. Radar monitoring systems distributed across the car can detect changing environments and road conditions at all times. The delay-free torque motor output enables immediate power adjustment for the electric quattro system. During daily travels, the rear motor acts as the main driving mechanism of Audi e-tron. Thanks to the ultra-low center of gravity due to the low level of the battery pack center and the air suspension system (standard for all models in the family), the maneuverability of Audi e-tron is comparable to that of race cars. The quattro system provides an awesome power source, as it always does.
In DC charging mode, the 95kWh battery pack on board e-tron can be charged to 80% of full capacity in about 40 minutes. 11kW AC charging is also possible. While your car is being charged, have a cup of coffee and get ready for your next journey.
“Audi e-sharing” service strategy
Based on the actual needs of new energy users in China, Audi provides a complete and integrated electric service solution - “Audi e-sharing” service, allowing Chinese users to enjoy the latest advancement of electric vehicle technology in their daily life. Services are offered in four key forms: Audi e-shopping, Audi e-charging, Audi e-driving, and Audi e-insurance. These services can effectively eliminate user concerns and worries in every application scenario.
The most earnest car purchase support
· Competitive financial support solutions: Multiple financial schemes are provided for customers, with zero rent advancement, a down payment as low as 15%, and an interest rate of 4.06%.
· Branded car insurance service: Accident liability insurance is offered by four cooperative insurers for power batteries.
· Trade-in subsidy: A subsidy up to RMB 35000 is provided for a trade-in purchase.
· Loyal customer rights: An existing Audi user purchasing a second Audi car or any of his/her family members making a purchase as an Audi member can get a voucher worth RMB 7500 when, and for any purchase of a second Audi car an additional premium of RMB 20000 is also offered.
· Exemption from purchase tax: Vehicle purchasers are exempted from tax.
· In line with local new energy licensing policies in Beijing / Shanghai / Guangzhou / Shenzhen / Hangzhou / Hainan.
Convenient and efficient 360° charging services
· Multiple options of family charging services (a user may select either A or B option):
A: free wall-mounting box + free site survey + free installation (with 40m free lines)
B: Provide 8 years of free public charging (worth 38,000 yuan)
· Public charging service: So far more than 120 thousand charging piles have been built in over 200 cities. By 2020, more than 200 thousand charging piles will be available in over 300 cities.
· Over 20 branded charging stations: The charging stations are set up in most popular business districts to offer honorable services to Audi owners.
· Emergent charging + entrusted charging services: A free entrusted charging service and a free emergent charging service are offered to buyers.
· 7*24 all-weather safety protections are provided. Backed by a powerful service network, maintenance personnel can reach your car within a short period of time and eliminate safety risks rapidly depending on specific user needs.
· High-standard mobility assurance service: Mobility assurance services with a standard higher than traditional fossil-fuel vehicles are provided. Within three years of car purchase, a buyer is entitled to unlimited number of free and all-weather car rescues, and to corresponding accommodation and travel cost as well if he/she is prevented from using his/her car in non-local places due to a defect of the car. A buyer is also entitled to 3-day free car substation service and a 7-day alternative transport subsidy of 100 RMB per day.
· Car renting discount: An “Audi on demand” car renting discount is offered to users of new energy cars, currently only available in Beijing and Shanghai.
Honorable after-sale services
· Super-long battery warranty period: 8 years/160 thousand kilometers
· Free super-long maintenance package: The first owner of a car is entitled to a free maintenance package for 8 years / 160 thousand kilometers.
· Extended car insurance: An extended car insurance period up to 6 years is provided for users.
· An nationwide battery maintenance network: The nationwide network provides top-grade sale and after-sale services, covering 514 authorized distributors and 30 deep power battery maintenance centers (with more under construction) across the nation, and thus contributing to reduced customer maintenance cost.
· Specific service channels for new energy vehicle users: New energy vehicle users making a booking will get access to specially assigned new energy reception advisers and special repair positions.
· Battery recycling outlets: Battery recycling services are provided by authorized distributors across the nation, contributing to both environment protection and safety.
Audi e-tron “Intelligent and Favorable” Upgrading
· Audi e-tron “Intelligent and Favorable” package: AutoNavi 3.0 + DDPAI (dashboard camera) + TmallGenie X1 (smart loudspeaker)
· “Intelligent and Favorable” upgrading: free upgrading of intelligent connected vehicle functions for the first 1000 Audi e-tron buyers
Audi e-tron MSRP
special launch package provided for the first buyers of Audi e-tron*
Explore into more beauties in the design of Audi e-tron
After numerous strict tests, it now heralds a new chapter of electric cars.
New Audi family design language
In DC charging mode, the 95kWh battery pack on board e-tron can be charged to 80% in about 40 minutes. 11kW AC charging is also possible.
Muscularity is something vividly expressed by the tail part, or specifically, by the broad and prominent rear wheel arch and the gradually tightening top.
The interior design is also characterized by smooth and comfortable materials distributed in every part. Large solid wood decoration panels are placed in the center of the console, and devices made of other materials are also made available as options.
New Audi family design language
Efficient and convenient public charging service
A new gear lever is also incorporated by Audi e-tron, with a broad leather palm rest to hold and relax your right hand. In addition, the holistic gear shifting structure made of aluminum alloy cut molding creates much comfort for the driver, both visually and tactually.
New Audi family design language
Thanks to the excellent aerodynamic design, Audi e-tron provides a ultra-low wind resistance coefficient, lower than fossil-fuel vehicles by nearly 0.07.
Designed as a medium to large SUV, Audi e-tron has a body length exceeding 4.9m and a width exceeding 1.9m.
One of the most impressive elements in the tail design of Audi e-tron is the run-through taillight, which extends outwards to create a strong sense of ceremony.
As an example of minimalism concept, the run-through taillight with a single horizontal stripe matches perfectly with the multiple horizontal panel lines on both sides, and together they create a very distinctive visual effect.
With dual asynchronous motors working in tandem, Audi e-tron provides a maximum power of 300kW in boost mode, and sprints from zero to 100 kilometers per hour within 5.7 seconds.
In this way, Audi e-tron maintains an optimum operation status in any place at any time, even during cold winter or hot summer. With endurance up to 470 kilometers and excellent battery management system, it fully meets daily needs of the driver.
The front and rear motors on board Audi e-tron constitute a brand new electric quattro system.
As the first luxurious Class C battery electric SUV under Audi brand, Audi e-tron has been designed in a most meticulous way, incorporating the 110-year car development heritage in every single detail.
Book for a test drive now to get access to valued Audi services and feel the technologies of the future